Transform our Tunnel Gallery into an immersive art experience! This could be done with paint, sculpture, draping, hanging, textures, sounds, lights, etc. The sky is the limit! Well, actually the 8? ceiling is. ; )
Chosen submissions will be installed for 2 month periods an include and unveiling event at Electric City Barn.
Submissions should include:
- Artist Statement or Bio
- Links to relevant websites and social media accounts
- Description of concept with a list of mediums
Supplementary materials can include:
- Photos of past work
- Recommendations from past collaborators and colleagues
Designs will be juried by the following criteria:
- Creativity and ingenuity
- Clever use of mediums
- Development of idea, including install and break down logistics.
- Use of all space (how and to what extent the space is being used in the design)
- Egress to the bathrooms and closets in the space (are they still safely accessible?)
- Durability of design (will it hold up in a high traffic area)
- Theme, statement, and/or message.
Info and Tips:
The Gallery space is approximately 24? long, 13? wide, and 8? tall. Think in cubic feet (instead of square feet) when developing your idea. This will help to insure your idea utilizes all the space and will help when determining install logistics.
Don?t forget about egress! This space contains the bathrooms toward the back. Make sure your design does not impede access to individuals of diverse abilities. Also, consider this area will have a relatively high amount of traffic.
Have fun and don?t be afraid to pitch something crazy! We may reach out to you if we think aspects of your design might need tweaking to be practical, but they are being judged on ingenuity so don?t hold back.
Feel free to pop in during our regular business hours to see the space. This might help with getting inspired and just getting a visceral sense for what would work.
Deadline is April 29th, 2019
Thank you and we look forward to your submission!